Tuesday, September 18, 2007

I need peace like a river...


Prayer Request!!

My poor husband is a home builder. He builds gorgeous homes, but since the real estate market tanked, business hasn't been so good. We were to close tomorrow on a renovation that has already had it's share of delays, and today we learned that it won't happen - again. The loan package, paperwork - everything - is at the attorney's office waiting for us. But we don't have a buyer. I won't go into specifics. Just please pray for my husband and my family right now, OK?

I love this quote from Lysa TerKeurst's book "What Happens When Women Say Yes to God." Pray, that we may claim it!

"God chose a unique word to describe His peace - a river! A river is not calm and void of activity. It is active and cleansing and confident of the direction it is headed in. It doesn't get caught up with the rocks in it's path. It flows over them, all the while smoothing their jagged edges and allowing them to add beauty rather than to take away from it. A river is a wonderful thing to behold."

Father God, submerge us in Your River of Peace. Let it's waters smooth out the rough edges of anger and bitterness, disappointment and worry. Replace the anxiety with the beauty of knowing that You have it all under control. You know where the current will take us...

2 comments:

  1. I know all about the feast and famine periods of self employment. I will pray your family makes it through the famine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can always count on you for a prayer, Karolee. Thank you...

    ReplyDelete

So, what do you have to say?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails