Monday, October 5, 2009

Book Review: Find Your Strongest Life


The latest book I read as part of the Thomas Nelson Book Review Bloggers program is "Find Your Strongest Life" by Marcus Buckingham. I have just taken on a new position at work, and the subtitle "What the Happiest and Most Successful Women Do Differently" instantly intrigued me.

The first thing I noticed when I got my copy is the blue dot on the cover inviting me to take the Strong Life Test. (Click here to take it yourself.)

So I took it. I was pleasantly surprised when the lead role it identified for me seemed to be pretty accurate (I'm an Advisor, if you're curious!) I had high hopes for the book then, because at that point I hadn't even opened it yet!

The basic idea of this book is to identify the things in life that bring you joy and good feelings, and avoid the things that don't. There are a couple of "exercises" he tells you to try to help you figure them out, and gives a good "what to take away from this chapter" summation at the end of each chapter.

The part that I enjoyed the most is the final section, called "Strong Life Tactics." It reads like an FAQ, and covers tactics for a stronger career, relationships, kids, and future. Frankly, the first two sections were slow reading for me, and seemed to be redundant. Maybe he was just trying to drive home his idea!

Overall, his ideas have merit, and I could see them really helping women improve their lives. I just think maybe he could have done it in fewer pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you have to say?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails