Monday, August 25, 2008

Day One of Afterschool. Ever.

I knew it wouldn't be good when the gate to the school was closed and locked.

Um, OK. Guess I'll try the bus lot.

Good. It's open.

I was told that the cafeteria was the starting point for afterschool, so I tried to go that way. But the doors were locked, and the hallways were dark.

OK. Maybe they went to the gym. Except that it's also locked, and dark.

I still had thirty minutes to find him, so I kept walking, and poor baby Spiderman is running to keep up.

I call my hubby to get him to check the handbook. But, he's not home. Rats.

I call information, get transferreed, listen to the ringing, only to get the answering machine of afterschool. Well, it gave me the director's phone number, so all is good. Except that I got her voice mail, too.

Finally, finally, thank you Lord Jesus, I saw a car drive up, so I decided to follow it. Right to the dungeon door underneath the gym.

That's where I found him.

On the bright side, I got my exercise :-)

And tomorrow, I'll know where to start!

Am I the only mom who feels unprepared and totally inadequate? :-)

By the way, Aaron loved it!

1 comment:

  1. You're not alone. As soon as we moms learn about how one thing works, they throw another new one our way. I'd feel bad for my eldest and all the mistakes I'm making on her, except that I'm the eldest child who went through the same thing and survived.

    Glad you finally found him!

    ReplyDelete

So, what do you have to say?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails