Thursday, January 9, 2014

#RiskRejection--The Start

Well, hello there. I know I haven't been here in a while. You can thank my friend Amy for my presence today. Here's why...

She went and got all crazy on us after going to Storyline and getting inspired, so she came back and decided to force all her friends to join start this little group called #RiskRejection. And, now that includes me.

If you click over to her site and read about it, basically she's asking us to finally take a risk, and encourage each other through it. Today is the launch of this little endeavor, so, here I am. For any of you that stumble across this page today, my risk is....

...I'm starting a business.

I know. Makes me wanna throw up, which is pretty much what all the #RiskRejection participants are saying.

I've had the idea forever, but honestly have been too scared to do it. I won't bore you with history except to say that this has been a LONG time coming, and everywhere I look now, God seems to be telling me that I can't put it off any more. Time to put my big girl panties on and get on with it! For example:


  • I got a Kindle for Christmas. What showed up on it, magically pulled from the Kindle App on my PC? I little e-book I forgot about called "The Do What You Can Plan" by Holly Gerth. Pretty much encourages you to stop being a chicken and take a risk.
  • My Facebook shows me a Suggested link for a "Start a Business in 2014" contest.
  • A blog I sort of follow asked the readers to vote on a "challenge" they would do in January. I voted for the "30 Day Just Ship It " challenge. It's about developing and launching your first product in 30 days. Guess which idea won??
  • I started browsing logo ideas online (which are RIDICULOUSLY expensive, by the way) and what did I find? My exact idea that I had at least a year ago, designed as a very affordable premade logo. And the designer is a doll.
  • There are more examples, but I'll stop there. But all of these have happened within the past few weeks.
So, there you have it. I will be an entrepreneur, building a brand-new business, while still working full-time, and being a wife, and raising a couple of kids.

Piece of cake, right?

Excuse me. I think I'm gonna be sick now.....but I'll be back on Thursday's to keep you in the loop on the latest. One day, I'll be redirecting you to my business blog!

Happy risk taking!!

9 comments:

  1. When I met you, one of the things that drew me to you is that you are an idea girl. Dreamers and planners and think biggers= friend of mine. It's talking about the plans of others that make you want to dig deep into your head and heart. I am going to hold you to this. Yes, I am. Yes, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh and have you shared this on FB? Because that would be just add to the risk. Just saying...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and THAT makes me want to throw up for real!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on your new business (ad)venture! Can't wait to hear what type of business it is. :-) I'm praying for you tonight...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Susan--it's going to take a LOT of prayers to get me through this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome, awesome, awesome. How exciting! Can't wait to see what happens next....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, Beth! This is so exciting. And you know what is so fantastically brilliant about Amy and her bravery and audacity, and the fact that we are all in this together? You have a BUILT IN PRAYER SUPPORT SYSTEM from the ground up!!

    Woot woot!!
    I am so excited to be on that prayer train for you, Beth! I can't wait to hear and see more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I look forward to being directed to your new business blog. Congrats on your new adventure! Grateful to be joining you on this crazy #riskrejection adventure. Loving it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. And you are just gonna leave me hanging, like that? Well, expect another visit from me next week then :-)

    Praying for this new God-adventure, Beth... He's got some cool stuff up his Holy Sleeves as we #riskrejection together :-)

    ReplyDelete

So, what do you have to say?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails