Monday, July 9, 2007

I Love My Daddies!

I read a post from Beth Moore's daughter Amanda on the Living Proof Ministries blog. It was a birthday tribute to her dad and Beth's husband, Keith. I couldn't resist posting a comment there, but I think it bears repeating here. Check out Amanda's entry: http://livingproofministries.blogspot.com

Here's what I wrote in response:

How this makes me think of my daddy! The one who let me ruin one recliner after another because I insisited on squeezing in it beside him every night, and loosened the arms right off. The one who affectionately called me "The Boss." The daddy some of my friends wished was their daddy. The one who fixed my swingset. The one who let me sit in his lap when he was an usher at church. The one who still drives around in the snow, looking to help someone who slid into a ditch, for free. The one who repairs cars for next to nothing. The one who, even at 79 years of age, cuts wood and gives it to those in need.

I always thought my dad was a real sweetie. But the older I get, the more I can see my Heavenly Father in my earthly father. All the things my dad does that makes him so beloved in the community are reflections of the presence of our God in him.

We can inherit many things from our fathers: high cholesterol, blue eyes, a love of coffee, and hard-headedness (all of which I got from MY dad) to name a few. I hope that I inherit enough of his good traits, and especially of my Savior's good traits, that my heritage will be easy for anyone to see...

Show all the Daddies (especially your Heavenly One!) in your life that you love them today!!

1 comment:

  1. What a nice tribute to your father. I'm sure he is a very special guy to you!

    ReplyDelete

So, what do you have to say?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails