Sunday, July 29, 2007

Prayer Request

My little Pinnacle Church is a plant, and our mother church, Biltmore Baptist, is absolutely amazing. So, I was saddened this morning to learn that the senior pastor of Biltmore has resigned. He is becoming the CEO of the Haggai (sp?) Institute, an evangelistic group that reaches world leaders in high places. It's a great move for Pastor Walker but I know the members of the church must be devastated. My own heart broke a little when I heard the news this morning. The church has grown, multiplied, and just has done so many incredible things for God's glory under Pastor Walker's leadership, and in obedience to God's leading.

Please pray for:
1. Pastor Walker: he thought he would remain at Biltmore forever. His emotions I'm sure are a mess.
2. Pastor Walker's young family (wife, teens and younger children)
3. Congregation of Biltmore Baptist as they deal with the news, and begin the search for a new pastor
4. A suitable "replacement" for Pastor Walker: he has left huge shoes to fill. Pray that God leads the perfect pastor to this role, and that God's choice will be abundantly clear.
5. Pinnacle Curch: I'm not sure what role Biltmore plays in our actual operation, but I pray for a smooth transition nonetheless. The new pastor will hopefully also have a heart for church plants and outreach.

Thank you in advance for lifting up your brothers and sisters in Christ!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sending up prayers for your church and pastor. I know what it is like to be in a church searching for a pastor - and I know what it is like to move to a new place.

    ReplyDelete

So, what do you have to say?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails