Saturday, July 14, 2007

An unexpected surprise!

I met with a publisher at the She Speaks conference this year to pitch my "tween" Christian book. I ran the idea past a publisher at She PSeaks two years ago when it was just that: an idea. I han't written a word. The publisher liked the idea and gave me permission to submit it when I actually had a story on paper.

Fast forward to this year: I met with a different representative of the same company, and this time I brought about 20 pages worth for her to look over. She graciously accepted all the pitches from our group session, and said that she hoped to review them within the next six months. I am completely still a novice in the publishing world, but I knew from my past experience was a realistic number. That was June 23rd.

Today, while my husband was sorting through the mail, he asked me who this publisher on the return address is. I turned to see him holding in his hand the standard, SASE with my upside-down triangle stamp from the conference. I knew not only from stamp, but that this is the only publisher I've submitted it to so far. And usually those SASE's contain rejection letters.

Needless to say I was disappointed, but I opened it anyway. Maybe there was some advice or comments to aid in improving it for the next publisher prospect.

Much to my surprise, it was a simple letter inviting me to submit my full manuscript! I was excited, but not really surprised. I know how arrogant that sounds, but hear me out.

The only way that I can explain this is that I believe completely that God wants me to write this book. It's just something I know. And I'm trying to be obedient to that call, although it has taken make quite a while. When God gives you an assignment, He will carry it through to completion. Phillipians 1:6 says "that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."

I have no doubt that some day this book will be published. Even if I don't get picked up by a big publishing house and have to do it myself. This book will be published.

So, for know, I will finish writing the book,and see where God takes it....

No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you have to say?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails