Thursday, April 12, 2012

You're gonna have to face it, you're addicted to...

I read this post over at chatting to the sky (love her!) and when I saw her photo of books, stacked several high, I thought, "That looks like my nightstand!" I left a tiny comment saying just that, and went on with my day.

I am addicted to books.

Then, today at work I took one of my magazines to peruse during break--one of the four magazines I'd lifted from our salon (I'm not a thief--we own it!) earlier this week. I started on it at breakfast, and brought it back at lunch.

Midday, I spotted a different magazine with a rendering of a modern-day Jesus on the cover, so I flipped through it instead of mine. Not finding anything that grabbed my attention, I pushed it aside and noticed yet another magazine on the table.  The cover of this one said "The Hyperaddictive, Time-Sucking, Relationship-Busting, Mind-Crushing Power and Allure of Silly Digital Games."

Again, I thought, "Hey! That's me!" (I am a little bit addicted to Facebook games.)

I read a bit of that lengthy article, but frankly those hyperaddictive, time-sucking games have also left me with the attention span of a gnat. I was bored, though mildly intrigued. I stuck the magazine in my bag to finish later (along with the others I already had) and went back to work.

Did I mention that I am also apparently addicted to magazines?

Then I started thinking-- could I be a word addict?

Stack of knee-high books by the bed? Grabbing every magazine in sight, like I owned it? On the internet constantly?

Yes, yes, and yes.

After a moment, I decided instead that I am an information addict. I will pick up almost anything--junk mail, sales flyers, and of course books and magazines.

Oh, and don't forget blogs. I won't even tell you how may unread posts taunt me from Google Reader.

I do have an addictive personality. I am one of the silly digital-games addicts, a coffee addict, a sugar addict, an email and internet addict ...I admit it. Guilty as charged.

What about you? What hyperaddictive tendencies do you have?



No comments:

Post a Comment

So, what do you have to say?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails