Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A Simple Woman's Daybook, January 19th, 2010

I'm still compiling my thoughts, as mentioned in my previous post. Soon...

In case you didn't notice, I have a new title. For now. :-)

"Pens and Needles" seems an appropriate name for my blog, with all the writing, knitting, quilting, and general crafting that I do. I am NOT the only Pens and Needles blog, however, and the other one also writes and knits (go figure!) So, that name is likely temporary. But, I'm in no hurry to make a decision!

The new background is also temporary, but I felt like I needed a different look too :-)

So on with today's cop-out post...



FOR TODAY...


Outside my window...blue skies, moderate clouds, and NO SNOW ON THE GROUND!


I am thinking...that all this winter weather has me longing for spring!!


I am thankful for...a child who was sick at school but seems to be fine now.


I am wearing...jeans, a pink long-sleeved tee, covered by my ages-old Dallas Cowboys sweatshirt


I am remembering...the length of my list of things to do!


I am going...nowhere any time soon, but hopefully in February!


I am currently reading...Writing for the Soul by Jerry Jenkins, Organic Gardening magazine, and Martha Stewart Living


I am hoping...that my knitting gift will be finished in time for the recipient's birthday! :-P


On my mind...how to waste less time, so I can bear more fruit.


Noticing that...I hear Looney Tunes in the next room, apparently on TV (when did they come back?)


Pondering these words... "Remember, it is a sin to know what you ought to do and then not do it." - James 4:17 (NLT)


From the kitchen...lunch dishes to be washed, a coffee pot to rinse, and dinner to plan


Around the house...accomplishing a few housekeeping tasks (Thanks, FlyLady!)


One of my favorite things...a warm blanket and my cozy corner of the couch.


From my picture journal...

The '72 Olds that my oldest can now drive SOLO, as soon as we visit the DMV to turn that permit into a license...

Would you like to participate in A Simple Woman's Daybook, too? Then just click here...

1 comment:

  1. Very Nice. I like the new look and am also longing for spring.

    I also enjoyed your car pic. Our oldest is half a year away from needing his own wheels! Scary and fun all wrapped in one.

    ReplyDelete

So, what do you have to say?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails