Thursday, September 6, 2007

Explanations...

OK. Those photos from yestarday were not really related, but I wanted to show them all anyway.

The cucumber? My first one EVER. I have never had a garden, and still don't. I live in a shady little spot and just can't grow anything. So this year, I decided to try a container garden. I bought a packet of seeds, and planted all 24 of them in peat pellets. After an Easter freeze and a monster hailstorm, one little vine is all that remained. And that picture is the one cucumber that actually grew. All the many, many others that tried to grow just wouldn't hang on. We ate it last night, and it actually dripped it was so luscious!

The pepper? Same story as above, but I have several red peppers growing on my deck. They just have to ripen...

The blurry landscape photos? I am on my way there tonight! We are going to the Shaker Village in Kentucky for a much needed long weekend with my gorgeous and wonderful husband! I am so excited!! We love it there. We can go up there to that rolling bluegrass and just....breathe. There's no other way to describe it really. We don't even have to speak. It's awesome! So....

I hope when I return I'll have some lovely photos that are NOT blurry!

Have a blessed weekend everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I miss the garden produce from my huge SD garden - but I don't miss all the work. I'm discovering the Farmer's Market.

    ReplyDelete

So, what do you have to say?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails