Thursday, January 3, 2008

Stupid hat.



If you don't knit, many of these terms will be unfamiliar to you. I apologize. I promise to return to my normal language in the next post :-)

This was supposed to be a chemo cap for a child: a donation to the Jan./Feb. Caps for a Cure group. It was great, or so I thought. No tinking. No frogging. I cast on 104 stitches, like the pattern said. I did K2P2 rib, like the pattern said. I knit for 3.5 inches to the decrease, like the pattern said. I followed the pattern, to the best of my knowledge, to a T.

And this stupid thing is so small, it won't even fit my three year old. It looks like a stinkin' yamulkah.

Oy.

I won't even bore you with my complete and total inadequacy in color work. Half of my carried yarn was somehow carried up the outside of the hat. I had to creatively engineer it with a reasonable facsimilie of duplicate stitch to hide it.

Stupid hat.

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him." Romans 8:28

So, maybe this was God's way of having me make a baby hat instead of child-sized? I had the pattern for both :-Z

As you can see, I'm trying to rationalize the value of this darned hat and find the good in all the time it cost me...

5 comments:

  1. The colors of the hat are fantastic! There must be a baby out there some where with a cold head who could use it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's still cute. Is it small enough for a preemie or newborn hat? You could donate it to Newborns in Need or to your local maternity hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's lovely. Donate it to a crisis pregnancy center. They'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the beauty of hats. They will most always fit SOMEONE. Donate it anyway. I'm sure they will find a child that it fits.

    If you don't feel comfortable doing that, there is alway Newborns in Need, or something similar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors---and like Becky said someone will enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete

So, what do you have to say?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails