Friday, April 4, 2008

And the winning paint color is....

(drum roll please....)

the same.

Yep. We agreed to disagree.

I went to Lowe's and found a rug that I thought was "it." I matched some paint samples to it, and brought it all home to show Jeff. At first, he wasn't sure about the rug, but thought he could live with it. The paint colors? We totally agreed on those. Just not on where to put them.

Next morning? Jeff couldn't live with the rug after all, and so it went back to he store, and we went back to Square One. We looked together, even at the Home of 50,000 Rugs, and we couldn't.agree.on.ONE!

Yesterday, Jeff went to the Carpet Barn for a job he's doing, and Lo! And Behold! He thinks he found the rug. "What does it look like, honey?" I ask him.

"It's busy. And green," he tells me.

Busy. "What does that mean?" I say. "What kind of pattern is it? Swirls? Circles? Dashes? Flowers? What?"

"Umm, I don't know. It's just busy. But I like it."

Sounds perfect, doesn't it? :-P

So, when I have a chance to get to the Carpet Barn, I'll let you know just exactly what this rug looks like. Stay tuned...

(In all fairness, Jeff does normally do quite well with colors/design choices for the houses he builds. I just hope this rug looks better than it sounds!)

1 comment:

  1. If I left it up to my husband to decorate, our home would be covered with dead animals and pictures of bears, moose, deer, etc. We have agreed that he can make the basement look rustic and I get the rest of the house.

    ReplyDelete

So, what do you have to say?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails