Monday, March 31, 2008

Is there an interior decorator in the house?

I do not have the decorating gene. Not even a little bit. And my home looks like it. Jeff says it looks like we just moved in! (No comments here, Josh. You've seen it :-))

Anyway, one of Jeff's buddies in Raleigh moved into this house that has lots of color on the walls, and Jeff saw it and got the bug: it's time to do something about the interior of our house. With three boys running around, there are scuff marks, crayons, and dirty fingerprints everywhere. Our walls do seriously need some paint. And photos. And curtains. But I digress...

With the high ceilings, we are NOT painting much of it ourselves. We're both a bit clumsy, and I just don't see us on a scaffolding. Jeff's favorite painter just happens to be free this week. And we have to pick colors. For the entire first floor. To go with rugs that haven't been bought yet. By tomorrow evening.

And my non-decorator eye has to try to figure this out alone. (Well, I have Jeff, but still.) So, I repeat: Is there an interior decorator in the house?

7 comments:

  1. May I suggest Shonda :) Just look at The Hub-- nuf said.

    The house Josh and I are trying to buy has all the walls painted these great colors already. Josh has the decorating gene, but I don't. I can take the pictures, but he has to hang them up! Hope it all turns out well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry - I can't help you out. My house looks like we just moved in also. I have a few items on the walls, but mostly they are pretty bare. It's a good thing the house came with blinds. :)

    Just to let you know, I've deleted my blog. It's a long story so send me an e-mail and I'll send you the story. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, bless you. I'd be a wreck. It takes me about 6 months to decide on a color! Seriously!

    The only suggestion I have is buy the rugs first. Pick a color out of the rug, bring it to a color matching place and match the color in the rug. Trust me, I know that is easier said than done!

    Good luck! I've been wanting to change the color of my kitchen for AGES and just recently posted pictures to get some suggestions from readers! Sorry I'm not a big help! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. GOOD LUCK WITH IT! My honey pie painted---one whole wall...so we could see if we LIKED the color. So---now, we have had the youth from church over---and company a couple of times..with a living room of 3 walls one color and 1 wall another color....oh well...such is life!
    Like I said--good luck!
    AND thank you for your kind comment on my LWG post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a designer, but I think I'm checking in too late! :o( I am a big fan of Benjamin Moore historic colors. If you're using all the same color go neutral and I prefer neutrals that lean towards gold or brown undertones as opposed to pink/peach or green. I also recommend buying a quart and painting a large area of the wall (6 feet square) and live with it for a couple days so you can see it in different light. Let us know what you decided on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are many sites on the internet that provides good information about home decoration.I have also my site for good rugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What???? Someone else doesn't have the decorating gene???? What a wonderful thing to find a kindred spirit. I'm no help, but I can sure sympathize.

    ReplyDelete

So, what do you have to say?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails