Friday, March 14, 2008

Organization? At my house?


My buddy Lysa is having a "Swap and Hop" here, and today it is about organization.

Well, that's not my thing. I wish it was, but it's not. We won't discuss how many piles of books, papers, knitting patterns, etc.....that I have in my house. But Lysa was honest (with PICTURES even!), so I can be too. But without pictures.

When we are expecting company, we have spots where we hide things, too. It either gets hidden in the dish cabinet, or our bedroom. If we're lucky, it gets sorted and properly put away later. More often, it sits there for months until we have company again, and then the new piles of stuff cover up the old piles of stuff.

So now you know my secret. So don't ask to see my bedroom if you come over. That room will be left off the tour. :-)

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for your honesty. : ) My hiding place is our Master bedroom. It's the one room I know company won't enter. I know it is supposed to be a sanctuary and a retreat, but unfortunately it has become dumping ground. I guess that will have to be my next organizing project.

    : ) Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I just spent three days organizing my 4yo's bedroom. What a mess! I still need to go through her drawers to get rid of outgrown clothes.

    I wish my bedroom could be a hiding place but it usually ends up being a guest room. I guess that's one way to keep it clean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. elizabeth,
    stuff gets stuffed in our house, too.
    no way am i posting pictures of, say, under my daughter's bathroom sink where i found a pile of dirty clothes and empty yogurt containers and plastic spoons....ahhhhh!

    love,
    jess

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our master bedroom is off limits, too! It's always the last room to get cleaned (if it ever does!). I'm working on organizing a room (or area) each month with Orgjunkie. This month is the dining room and it is SO HARD to keep the table clean! AAAAHHHHH! I had pictures of three of my cabinets up on the blog for last month in the kitchen.

    I don't know where I got my laziness from... my mom is a "do it now" person and I'm a "do it later" person.

    Sorry it's been so long since I've dropped by. I do love the background! I really want to do something over at my place, too. I just don't have the time to redo all the sidebar links...

    Anyway, I'm guessing that y'all are all healthy now? Hope so. I'll be back again another day. I need to go put a kid to bed and grab some shut-eye myself.

    Hugs,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete

So, what do you have to say?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails