Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Everyone Welcome Here


I've had a few surprises blogwise this week, so let me share. A fun read of mine is also a regular reader of my knitting blog Givin' Knit Away. Her language gets a bit rough sometimes, but she is good hearted and quite funny. I don't condone her language, but I don't judge her for it. She's not writing anything I haven't said myself.

So one of her posts this week involved taking one line from many blogs and sharing them. Let me tell you something: even the most innocent sentence can sound quite dirty/devious/funny all by itself and when taken completely out of context.

Especially my own.

That was blog surprise #1. Surprise #2 came just a few minutes ago, and it is what prompted this post.

I have it set up to be emailed whenever someone leaves me a comment, so when I got one from "sexkitten" today I thought it was spam.

It was not.

You may have noticed that I did not spell it s.exk.itten or anything like that so search engines don't pick me up with that phrase. Here's why.

On hearing this, Jesus said to them, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners." Mark 2:17

Since the day I started this blog, it was meant to be a ministry. To everyone. Not just for Christian readers, but for anyone who might stumble across it. "Sexkitten" just created her account, and does not have a blog, or profile, or email address. I can't guess what she does by her blog. I can't respond to her in a comment or an email. I can guess by her screen name that she has issues, or values that are very different from mine. Maybe she just has a funny sense of humor. I don't condone her screen name, but I don't judge her for it.

But she is still welcome here. (She actually left me a nice comment.)

I try to let others see my Jesus here. Get a glimpse of Him for themselves. Maybe "sexkitten" needs to see Him. So I'm glad she came by. I hope she found some encouragement, enlightenment, or something to make her think.

So, if you see a commenter or visitor that makes you raise an eyebrow, don't judge me, and don't judge them. Be glad they took the time to visit a place where they can meet Jesus instead of a place that pulls them further from Him...

Thanks for stopping by, sexkitten.

4 comments:

  1. When I first started reading this I thought that you were going to write that she had purposely selected that name to draw people to her site about Jesus. I thought.... how clever.

    I agree with your thoughts on this. Sexkitten is welcome at my blog anyday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A big Amen here! We are to go into the highways and byways and "compell" them. The Lord's table is almost ready...He is nearing the completion of His divine preparations for His uniting with His Bride....I want to be ready, focused, and be found bringing as many as I can---by whatever means He makes available to us!
    Thank you Beth for this devotion.
    Thank you as well for your visit to my LWG today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes.. I agree....We are so quick to judge... and I am not talking about those outside the church!!

    ReplyDelete

So, what do you have to say?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails