Friday, October 16, 2009

Would someone like to tell me why I just signed up for this?



I've heard of NaNoWriMo before - it stands for National Novel Writing Month. Basically, it's like a challenge that you sign up for, running through the entire month of November. The challenge? To write a novel in a month. Actually, the goal is to write 50,000 words.

50,000 words.

YIKES! On a really good day, I can crank out about 500 words in 15 minutes during a FreeWrite. So, a little math....hold on....500 times 2 is 1,000 in 30 minutes....2,000 in an hour...50,000 words would be.....25 hours? (That doesn't sound like nearly enough time...)

So I think I can find 25 hours (BEST CASE scenario) in November to do this?

Well, God has certainly given my writing mojo back recently so, yeah - I'm gonna do this!

If I don't make it? So what. It's not like it's for a grade or anything.

But if I do? I'll have a complete rough draft of an ENTIRE NOVEL! That's exciting, don't you think?

I hope at the least it will give me the confidence to keep writing. It's so easy for me to convince myself that I'm just too busy to write. (Yeah, busy on Facebook and Google Reader!)

So, if you think of it, say a little prayer for me, send me a cup of coffee, or maybe leave me a nice comment every now and then so I'll see it when I come up for air. :-)

Any other aspiring writers out there wanna join me? Go to www.nanowrimo.org and find me - my user ID is BethIngersoll. We can be buddies!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm a NaNoer. Have been for years. I love the rush of this challenge and hope you enjoy it as well.

    I'll look you up the next time I check in.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Beth.

    I'm excited to start my NaNo endeavor as well and will buddy you the next time I log on.

    I also wanted to let you know I left a small treat on my blog. Stop by to pick it up.

    ReplyDelete

So, what do you have to say?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails