Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The Miniature Baby is a Big Boy now!

Just look at him:

He's come a long way from 4 pounds to 4 years! I can't believe it's been that long already. "Spiderman" is four today, and he was SO excited. Yesterday he kept asking, "Will I be 4 tomowwow?"


This morning, just out of bed at 6 am he came out of his room and with sleepy eyes he asked, "Mommy, am I four now?"

Oh, yes, sweet baby, you are four now. I need to savor this while I can. You will in all probability be my last baby, and you just get bigger every day. You bring me such joy with your heartbreaker smile and sweet little voice. I just melt when you say "I wuv you, mom!" My heart smiles when you says your prayers, and watch you do your Spidey poses, and jump EVERYWHERE you go.

Your life was a struggle in the beginning in that NICU, but you were an energetic little guy and fought your way home. You've been a ball of energy ever since! I wouldn't have it any other way....

We love you, sweet angel! Happy birthday!!!

3 comments:

  1. I didn't know he was that little when he was born! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a former NICU nurse this brings me great delight to see a healthy, happy, and oh so cute four year old little boy that was once a NICU patient. I wish all NICU stories turned out so well. Happy Belated Birthday to that big four year old!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a few days late, but Happy Birthday to your son. Four is such a sweet age.

    ReplyDelete

So, what do you have to say?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails