Monday, June 16, 2008

One-on-one time

This weekend just felt odd. My teenager was at the lake with his dad's family. My middle son was in Fayetteville with my mother-in-law visiting relatives. That left Jeff, Eli and me here. It was so strange to only have one kid again!

Jeff was eating it up, though. He used to have lots of one-on-one time with Aaron, and some with Michael, but not so much with Eli. So he took Eli to the movies and shopping. He played on playgrounds and bought him toys. He thoroughly enjoyed spoiling him rotten! (It was Father's Day, so I let him! That's what he wanted to do!)

I think our Heavenly Father feels the same way about us. I think He is just so happy when we choose to spend quiet time with Him and Him alone. We get to know each other better when we spend time together. (Well, God knows us up one side and down the other, but we can learn more about Him.) And that's what He wants most!

So no matter how crazy this week may get, or how full you think your schedule is, make time to get one-on-one with the Dad who loves us more than we know!

1 comment:

  1. Since the beginning of the year, I have decided to read through the entire book...reading each and every word....yes even the boring books like Numbers ;)!
    anyways my point is that although I made that goal, I haven't had enough personal bible studies where its just me and God. And so now I have been reminded to make more time for it!

    ReplyDelete

So, what do you have to say?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails