Well, it's that time again: the days in between my husband's birthday and my middle child's birthday! (Oh, I kid. Sort of.)
Of course I mean Thanksgiving! Instead of the usual sappy Thanksgiving post (although those are great), I decided to be a little different this year. Here goes:
I am thankful that:
- I still wear the same size clothing as last year. (A smaller size would be fabulous, but I digress.)
- the election is finally over.
- I have a long time to build up retirement funds :-Z
foundmade the time to read "The Shack". (So should you - it's awesome!)
- my kids like my chocolate chip cookies and
beg mercilesslyask nicely for me to make them.
- I have a job, even if I do have to work an occasional holiday.
- I have Internet access. Without it, I'd have to find another way to
waste time play gamesemail people.
- I have actually started Christmas shopping, and it isn't even December yet!
- Mrs. Smith's pies are available in my local grocer's freezer.
- my husband didn't get lost somewhere in the National Forest delivering Thanksgiving meal goodies to a needy family (and he didn't even have his directions!)
- occasionally I get to sleep past 4:45 am.
- my house usually looks like bomb went off, because that means I have a house full of happy, healthy children (and one messy husband!)
- I have a husband, even if he is messy. :-)
- I have subscribers, followers and a few lurkers who actually read my bloggy randomness and keep coming back! (I just love bloggers.)
- I am the daughter of a great big God who loves me and blesses me so abundantly that I can make a silly thankfulness list and not even come close to scratching the surface of all my blessings.
I could go on and on, but I won't. Tomorrow is one of those days I get to sleep past 4:45 am and I don't want to negate it by staying up til 3 am blogging.
I'm sure you understand.
Happy Thanksgiving, you sweet blog readers and COMMENTERS (hint hint)!