When I stumble upon another recipe that makes my family say, "YUM!" I just have to share. Mommies of little children know how hard it can be to find a healthy meal that the kids actually like!
Enter this recipe: Rosemary Chicken with Vegetables.
Rosemary Chicken with Vegetables
Start to Finish: 30 minutes
- 4 medium boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (I accidentally grabbed chicken strips instead of chicken breasts, but it still worked fine. )
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning (pay attention: I overdid it just a tad!)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces spinach or plain linguine
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium zucchini and or yellow summer squash, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine or chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup halved cherry or grape tomatoes
1. Sprinkle chicken with lemon-pepper seasoning. In a large skillet, cook chicken in hot oil over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink, turning once. Transfer chicken to a platter; cover and keep warm. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain and keep warm.
2. Add garlic to skillet; cook for 15 seconds. Add zucchini, apple juice, and rosemary. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 2 minutes.
3. In a small bowl, stir together wine or broth and cornstarch; add to skillet. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly; cook for 2 minutes more. Stir in tomatoes. Serve vegetables and pasta with chicken. If desired, garnish with rosemary twigs.
Makes 4 servings.
This recipe works for me!
(See more Works for Me Wednesday's at Rocks In My Dryer!)