Thursday, October 4, 2007

A Soak in the Spirit

It rained a bit last night. Not a good soaking, but a light shower. At this point, rain is rain. And I will thank God for whatever we get, whether it is a little or a lot.

The growing season is over, and I have paid my plants no attention. They look quite droopy.

And that is how I feel. Droopy. I have worked at the hospital for seven days in a row. My mother-in-law (who lives with us and spoils me rotten) is out of town, so I've had more responsibilities than usual this week. So I am droopy.

I have MUCH to do. I won't even begin to tell you about all my cleaning, writing deadlines, and whatever else crops up. But I DO know that I have so much to do, I will need to be refreshed before I can be successful at any of it. Like my pitiful plants have needed water all season to revive and feed them, so I have a need also.

So, today, I am indulging. It's OK. On the seventh day, even God rested. And I'm on my eighth! Today, I am taking it easy, and getting rejuvenated.

So excuse me, while I go soak in the Spirit...

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully written.

    And so true! We are learning how stress directly affects our oldest daughter's health. It's good to indulge oneself - to get a good soaking in God's rest and peace and to scale back on activities.

    ReplyDelete

So, what do you have to say?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails