Monday, July 9, 2007

What I Learned Fishing

As you saw in my post from Saturday, I gave up my selfish desires and went along with my husband's plans for our family. Out of all his possibilities, we only went fishing. Thank goodness. It was quite hot, like I knew it would be. So, I felt quite disgusting when we were done, like I knew I would be.

We had a few minor meltdowns, but overall it was fun. We went to a stocked pond, and we all caught at least one fish. We brought home seven fat rainbow trout which we grilled for dinner.

So what did I learn?

1. I still like fishing in general.
2. I still don't like the actual fish, or worms.
3. I still don't like getting sweaty and stinky.
4. I am SO THANKFUL that I do not work at a trout pond and have to gut and clean fish. God bless all you women who can do this!! I guess I would have starved as a pioneer woman! It is SO worth 75 cents per fish to have someone clean them for you!!!

In closing, my plans may sound good, but it IS possible to have a good time when you go along with someone else's plans. Like maybe God's plans, when He asks you to something you don't want to do, or don't understand. His plans are ALWAYS better than anything we can dream up...

Happy Fishing!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Beth!
    Thanks so much for coming by my blog. I was really excited to see your comment as I have thought about you and your book proposal since She Speaks. You just seemed like such a nice person and someone who would make a great friend. So, I'm really glad you started a blog and now I can keep up with you! LOL I usually try to post on my blog and visit with my friends more often, but lately we've been really busy as you probably read. But I will definitely be back to visit again soon! I know you will have much to share!
    Take care and thanks again for 'finding' me in the blogosphere...I'm so glad you did!
    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete

So, what do you have to say?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails