Sunday, August 26, 2007

Back on track

Wow, have those last few posts been real downers, or what?! I must apologize. I know some people use blogs like a diary, but that wasn’t really my plan. However, it seems to have become so just a bit. Mine was meant to be an outlet for my writing, which I have no doubt is a God-given gift. Not that I’m like a best-selling author or anything. Not by a long shot. But I do feel that God has given me the gift of writing, so if it is only intended to reach one person, and it did, it was a success.

I wanted my blog to be a place for others to be encouraged, uplifted, entertained, and to hopefully get a glimpse of my Jesus.

I won’t lie. Things have been crazy hectic lately. I really haven’t had time to post. And when I did, I probably shouldn't have. I’ve been reading other’s blogs, and finding great things. I found the encouragement, uplifting, and entertainment that I wanted to offer others. And I got a glimpse of my Jesus. When I really wasn’t looking for Him.

Hence the problem. I’ve been so busy, and preoccupied with troubles and worry. Even though I’ve kept up my daily Proverbs Challenge chapter reading, I haven’t made much time to listen or look for my Jesus. And in return, He quietly watched me, without making much of an appearance. It worked. His absence was noticed, and got my attention. I didn’t see or hear much of Him. Until this weekend. And then His words, His presence, and His comfort starting appearing everywhere.

Thank you God, for seeking us out, even when we don’t seek You. Thank you for speaking, even when we aren’t listening. Thank you for tapping us on the shoulder before we get too far off that narrow path, and leading us back. Thank you for walking through the woods with me, even when I’m so focused on what’s happening around me that I forget You’re there.

Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it.
Matthew 7:13-14

I love walking on that narrow road. Don't you?

2 comments:

  1. Yes! Following Jesus has been worth every fallen branch, every over turned stump, every obstacle which tries to tempt me into pursuing the other path.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me again....

    You have caused me to reflect on my knitting talent - to not keep it all but to give some of it away. So for that, I am awarding you with the Blogger Reflection Award. You can pick up the graphic at my site.

    Blessings,

    ReplyDelete

So, what do you have to say?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails